September 13 – 16, 2020
Mary Winspear Center, 2243 Beacon Avenue, Sidney, BC
Art Drop Off: Sunday, September 13, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Art Pick Up: Wednesday, September 16, 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Packages to be mailed to all entered artists by July 31, 2020.
Package includes: Art Identification Forms (AID) for each submitted piece and instructions for Adjudication.
HOW TO COMPLETE ART IDENTIFICATION FORM (AID):
Each artist is assigned specific AID numbers.
One form must be completed for each piece being submitted for Adjudication. If you have submitted only one entry then only one AID form is required.
If you have not received your AIDs by August 7, 2020, please email email@example.com.
- Please PRINT clearly in ink. Printing must go through to yellow and pink copies. This information is used to track each piece of art. Be accurate.
- TITLE: Use NO MORE THAN 32 characters (including spaces). This is the guideline for Title Plates and Catalogue listing.
- MEDIUM: Use NO MORE THAN 25 characters (including spaces) to describe.
- PRICE: The minimum price allowed is $350. The price will be listed in the Catalogue and does not include GST.
- Art In-Take: Sunday, September 13, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm at Mary Winspear Centre, 2243 Beacon Avenue, Sidney, BC.
- If you are unable to bring your artwork personally, you may have a representative deliver your pieces.
- Please bring the completed Art Identification Forms for each piece to be adjudicated.
- In-Take Volunteers will receive your work by AID NUMBER.
- You will be given the Pink copies of the AID Form as your receipt. These must be shown when you return to retrieve your artwork.
- Art Pick Up: Wednesday, September 16, 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm at Mary Winspear Centre.
- Please bring the Pink copies of Art Identification Form.
- Out-Take Volunteers will assist you to retrieve your artwork by AID NUMBER.
- Do not remove the yellow copy of the Art Identification Form attached to your artwork. If your work is accepted into the Show, this copy must remain attached to your work.
- The Sidney Fine Art Show and Mary Winspear Centre are not responsible for your artwork after the 4 pm Pick Up deadline.
PREPARING ARTWORK FOR DISPLAY:
- 2D artwork must be finished and ready for display including mats and frames if applicable.
- Artwork to be hung must have gallery quality hanging support attached.
- Artists submitting large and/or heavy pieces must provide assistance for moving the work in and out of the venue with direction from an Art Crew volunteer.
- WORK WITH WET PAINT OR VARNISH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS:
- All entrants will be notified by email with results if accepted or not within one week following Adjudication.
- If you would prefer notification by standard mail, please inform the In-Take volunteer on September 8 when you bring your work in.
- No results will be disclosed during Adjudication.
DISPLAY FEE: $37 per piece
- Only Accepted Artists are required to pay Display fees.
- Display fee(s) are due by October 1, 2020.
- All artwork must be for sale with price set by the artist.
- A commission of 25% will be applied to all sales.
This show is run entirely by Volunteers – we need your assistance.
Please consider volunteering for Adjudication September 13 – 16, for Show prep and the Show (October 16 – 18).